Monday, February 23, 2015

Set Design Part 1

This was/is a fairly intimidating part of the process. Fortunately I like it a lot so I'm pressing on. This is where these characters are going to live so it has to flow with the cartoon's style and be a place where many nearly every episode can take place. Also, it's pretty labor intensive. Not as much as animating but still takes some time.

I have an ever growing list of sets but I'm taking them a few at a time. I probably will never write in every room in the house (as of now most characters are sharing rooms), but there are rooms/locations that are absolutely necessary. Also, keeping the number of sets down forces me to be more creative with my writing as I won't always have a new set to play off of. 

For the first batch of episodes (not sure how many a "batch" is) I have a list of necessary sets that I will be working on. A few I have completed! (Keep reading!)

House: 
- Living room / Kitchen
- Thad's room (This is where Thad will usually vlog/blog and will be crucial to his characters development.
- Back Yard

Plushy and Brown's Mattress Store: (See below)
- The Parking lot
- The Showroom
- The Break Room

You probably giggled at the mattress store. I forgot to mention that there is one other character I haven't got around to developing. He is going to be a friend of the gang named Plushy who owns Plushy and Brown's Mattress store. He'll be the older Dad-like guy. He won't live with the gang but they'll make the break room their hangout. Also, Plushy get's a regular supply of Moon Pies, which the gang thoroughly enjoys. I don't think I want the Brown character to be in the cartoon. I may tell his back story one episode. Brown just went well with Plushy.

This list is just a start there are other I will need to create as the show continues. I'm thinking I will need 1, maybe 2, more rooms in the house. Anyways, get to the media already!

First up the Kitchen / Living Room: This is where the typical shenanigans will take place. 



Next the back yard. More shenanigans will commence here. Living room has a view of it as well.


 Lastly (as of now) the Mattress Store parking lot. Yes, more shenanigans.


3 down, 3 to go. Part 2 will come soon!

Thaddeus: "Yes, my monocle provides a distinct visionary advantage. Besides having several practical uses, it revigorates the digital link between my culinary artery and my temporal bicuspid."


No comments:

Post a Comment